Frittered courgette flowers are a speciality in Nice and all along the Cote d'Azur, probably influenced by the region's Italian history as a similar dish is popular in Rome.
Sometimes stuffed with cream cheese in advance and then seasoned with salt, parsley and garlic, they are often served as a snack or with a salad. What ever way you decide to fry them, they taste delicious when covered in a light batter!
The result of the egg white batter is light and similar to a Japanese tempura. The flowers come in both a male and female form, and although male is more popular for fritters, they can be harder to source, so many make do with the female flowers.
More Antibes Insights...
- Top 10 celebrities to spot in Antibes this summer
- Travellers welcome to Antibes from June 15th 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Antibes in 2020
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Antibes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Antibes!