This speciality pancake / bread is made with chickpea flour and olive oil. The dough is rolled out into a large round flat shape and baked on a cast iron pan in the over. Eaten hot with lots of seasoning.
The peppery taste is truly lip-smackingly good! All along the French Riviera, the street vendors cook and sell socca in traditional paper cones, and it is best eaten fresh from one of these stalls or from the local market.
Crispy, crunchy, soft, peppery and possibly one of the best hang over cures you can find this chick pea based speciality will often be the source of long queues at the markets...but believe me, it it worth the wait!
More Antibes Insights...
- Flights to Nice Cote d'Azur restart in June 2020
- Which Antibes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Antibes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeAntibes.com
- Antibes in October 2019 - 5 things to see & do
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Antibes