Antibes has been a popular summer destination since the 19th century. Artists, Hollywood stars and musicians flock here every year to enjoy the beautiful Mediterranean sun, gorgeous beaches and crystal clear waters.
The old walled town of Antibes has a couple of small sand inlets where you can enjoy the cooling waters of the Mediterranean. The closest sandy beaches, Le Ponteil and La Salis, can be found a short walk south of the centre.
A 20-minute walk or 10-minute car ride from Antibes will bring you to the lively beach resort of Juan les Pins and a long stretch of golden sand that is lined with beach clubs. As you watch paddleboarders floating past, super yachts bobbing on the horizon and tenders bringing VIP guests ashore, you can rest assured that those waters are in fact crystal clear and perfect for swimming and cooling off on a hot summer day. Many even have the Blue Flag label, which designates the best beaches in the world.
More Antibes Insights...
- Which Antibes restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Antibes!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeAntibes.com
- Antibes in October 2019 - 5 things to see & do
- Eat for free at gourmet restaurants in Antibes
- What's on in Antibes September 2019